Friday, September 22, 2006

another week has gone by

Time just flies when you are busy and/or having fun.

Sometime last week we met a photographer and her husband who is friends with Ella (Kent's mom). Nice people. Pic below is Kent and I at the "Hotel Bar" that we always go to from that night.



Pic taken on another day with Ella and above mentioned photographer - I think her name is Karin. I'm really terrible at remembering people's names.



On Saturday, we met up with some Bowie fan friends in Kreuzberg. I was going to post a picture of this here but... I seem to have misplaced the pictures. What the ...?

On Sunday, we went to the part of Berlin called Friedrichshain. We've been hearing about Simon-Dach Str. so we had to check that out. There are lots of restaurants and cafes around there and it seems to be mostly young students. It looks a more bohemian than Prenzl-berg but somewhat run-down. I've come to the conclusion that it's a fun area to hang out in, but I don't think I would live there.

Couple of pictures from there:









Last night we met up with some fellow English-speaking folks. I found out about them on my many searches on the Internet for things related to Berlin. I came across this site http://www.toytowngermany.com which has a section specifically for Berlin. It was a fun time and there should be another meetup in a few weeks.

Aside from these activities, my main focus has been on work and apartment hunting. I had decided on a place (the one I mentioned before) but then changed my mind. The next day we found a place that was in a better location, which had 2 rooms instead of just one. Overall it was definitely a better choice. This one will only be a couple blocks from where Kent's mom lives, very near the Hackescher Markt, one of our favorite spots.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Perfect!